Revolutionary AAVA volume control. A power amplifier section featuring high power transistors in parallel push-pull configuration, complemented by a robust power supply and low impedance output stage. 120 watts of quality power into 4 ohms, with a damping factor of 400. Current feedback amplifier topology assures excellent phase characteristics in the high range, and instrumentation amplifier principle enables fully balanced signal paths. Power MOS-FET switches in the protection circuitry eliminate the need for mechanical contacts.
Pursuit of performance and sound quality results in capability well beyond its class, approaching the level of separate type amplifiers.
- Revolutionary AAVA volume control
- Output stage with high-power transistors in parallelpush-pull arrangement delivers high quality power: 90 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- Power amplifier stage features instrumentation amplifier configuration for balanced signal transmission
- Logic-control relays for shortest signal paths
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency transformer and large filtering capacitors
- MAIN IN button allows separate use of preamplifier and power amplifier sections
- Numeric indication of volume level
AAVA volume control with further lowered noise floor The volume control in the preamplifier section is a crucial component with a decisive influence on performance and sound quality. AAVA is a revolutionary type of completely analog volume control that completely does away with any variable resistors in the signal path. This ensures that the signal remains perfectly unaltered, free from the adverse effects of impedance changes. As a result, both S/N ratio and sound quality are excellent at any volume setting.
- Configuration with a total of 18 V-I converter amplifiers, paralleled for upper two units, reduces overall AAVA impedance to one half and results in lower noise. Input stage with five buffer amplifiers ensures powerful drive capability.
- No more left/right tracking differences or crosstalk.
- Attenuator and balance control also implemented by AAVA, eliminating additional circuitry.
- Operation feel is exactly the same as a conventional volume control, and remote control is also possible.
- Combination of 16 types of weighted V-I converter amplifiers gives 65,536 possible volume steps.
- Volume level can be displayed accurately as a numeric indication.
Designed For Maximum Performance
- Parallel push-pull output stage and power amplifier stage mounted on large heat sink. Two identical units are arranged on the left and right sides of the chassis.
- Power amp units use high-power transistors in a robust parallel push-pull configuration, producing ample output of 120 watts into 4 ohms or 90 watts into 8 ohms per channel.
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency transformer and large filtering capacitors. The E-270 uses a massive power transformer with high output capability. Highly effective filtering is realized with two custom-made aluminum electrolytic capacitors, each with a vastly increased 30,000 µF rating.
Dedicated Option Boards
The E-270 provides one slot for an option board on the rear panel. Option boards can be used to realize direct connection of digital signals for high-quality music playback, or to enjoy high-quality playback of analog records. The Analog Disc Input Boards AD-9/ AD-10/AD-20 can also be used. In this case, the MC/MM button on the front panel of the E-270 has no effect. MC/MM switching must be performed on the board.
Digital Input Board (DAC40) - Provides inputs for reproducing digital music signals from digital components.
- Switching between the COAXIAL, OPTICAL, or USB input can be performed on the front panel of the E-270, and the sampling frequency can be shown on the display.
- COAXIAL: For 75-ohm coaxial cable, IEC 60958/AES-3 compliant Supported sampling frequency range: 32 kHz to 192 kHz, 24 bit
- OPTICAL: For optical fiber cable, IEC 60958/AES-3 compliant Supported sampling frequency range: 32 kHz to 96 kHz, 24 bit
- USB: For USB cable with Type B connector USB 2.0 High Speed (480 Mbps) compliant Supported sampling frequency range: 32 kHz to 192 kHz, 24 bit
Analog Disc Input Board (A-30) - Features a high-performance, high-gain phono equalizer for playback of analog records with outstanding sound quality.
- MM/MC switching can be performed on the front panel of the E-270.
- On-board switches for input impedance switching and subsonic filter MC: Gain 66 dB, Impedance 30/100/300 ohms MM: Gain 40 dB, Impedance 47 kilohms